May 11th, 2018
GDPR and Our Apps
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), comes into effect in the EU on May 25, 2018. This new legislation is all about giving you greater security, transparency, and control of your personal data online—a principle we are fully on board with.
Additionally, we’ve made the following changes to assist our European customers (also available to all other customers) to comply with GDPR standards:
- Effective today, all our sites and services are only accessible over HTTPS to ensure that any information you transmit to and from our services or while on our website is encrypted and secure.
- You can now download an entire album as well as reports of sharing activity from fotoShare Cloud (right to access). To enable download of an entire album, login to fotoshare Cloud, then go to Event > Settings > Enable Download Album. Album must be public. You’ll see a download icon on the album’s public page. Download album is disabled for private albums.
- You can delete an entire album and all its shares from fotoShare Cloud (aka your right to be forgotten). Event > Select All > Trash Can. For shares: Event > Shares > Delete All.
- For every new product and enhancement, we’re proactively applying the Privacy by Design principles.
- We’re applying GDPR standards to all data not just EU personal data. That way, you will be well positioned with data protection regulatory frameworks around the world.
Depending on the specifics of your business, there are various other GDPR obligations that may apply. The above information is dslrBooth’s interpretation of GDPR and its requirements as of the date of publication. Please note that not all interpretations or requirements of the GDPR are well-settled and its application is fact and context specific. This information should not be relied upon as legal advice or to determine how GDPR applies to your business or organization. We encourage you to seek guidance of a qualified professional with regard to how the GDPR applies specifically to your business or organization and how to ensure compliance. This information is provided “as-is” and may be updated or changed without notice.
Other Newly Added Features to fotoShare Cloud
- In addition to automatic uploads from photo booth apps, upload other images to your event albums such as original or custom edited photos. (Available for Plus and Business plans)
- Exporting shares no longer requires the use of Flash.