September 29th, 2020
dslrBooth for Windows v6.36 – Touchless Support
dslrBooth now allows your guests to remotely control the entire photo booth experience through their phones without touching the booth screen. This is useful for guests who would prefer not to touch the booth screen. It also opens the door to new possibilities of running dslrBooth on a monitor that does not support touch such as larger TVs, projectors as well as running dslrBooth without a guest-facing display.
When a guest arrives, dslrBooth displays a QR Code. The guest can scan the QR code using their camera’s phone app. The camera will read the QR Code and display the start screen on the phone. The guest can choose their session type such as photo, GIF, boomerang or video. They can also choose their green screen backgrounds, templates and effects from the phone. The guest will also be able to accept the disclaimer and fill out the survey on the phone. At the end of the session, the sharing options will appear on the phone. The guest can choose from email, sms, or print options. Once complete, dslrBooth will display a new QR code for the next guest to begin their session.
You turn turn on/off this feature under Settings, Display, Start Screen, Guest QR Code. This features requires internet access.
Effects Selection UI Change
Due to popular demand, the Effects selection will now appear after the photos in Photo/GIF sessions have been captured. Effects thumbnails have also been moved to the top of the screen for ease-of-use when using mirror booths.
Bug fixes & tweaks:
- Fix for saved events screen only showing last 7 events.
- Fix for CountdownStart trigger starting during animation.
- Fix for left side thumbnails covering cancel button.
- Fix for Greenscreen background selection not showing with live view disabled.
- Load pre-selected facebook album name when settings open.
- Update to .NET Framework 4.8
- Add warning when Canon Webcam Utility Beta is running as it crashes dslrBooth.
- Display retake photo button when photo thumbnails are set to the left side in the settings.
- Fix for green screen background selection not working when live view is off.
- Multiple fixes for crashes on slower hardware.
- Fix for some computer instances generating guest QR codes that were not working.
- Fix for debug logs not sending.
- Fix for photo/GIF session not continuing after user selects the original effect.
- Fix for QR code not appearing when booth is set to a single mode.
This is a FREE update if you have purchased dslrBooth within the last year or have purchased a renewal license. To update your software, open dslrBooth, then go to Help, Check for Updates.