- Download our software
- Fire up your laptop (make sure it’s plugged in), open dslrBooth.
- Hook up your DSLR camera to your laptop using a USB cable. Problems?
- Choose the Branding Overlay and you would like to overlay over your images and one of our many layout .
- Optional: Hook up your photo printer to your laptop. Set your printer as the default printer in windows.
- Start taking pictures by clicking the shutter on your camera or triggering your camera using a remote trigger.
- Watch as the prints come out of the printer magically.
- Setup your background, setup your light(s), put your camera on a tripod.
- Get a volunteer and stand them where people will be standing. Shoot some test shots till everything is to your liking.
- Optional: If you like to tinker with manual mode, we recommend shutter speed: 1/60, aperture: 5.6 or greater and ISO 1600 or less. Adjust flash power to match these settings. Otherwise, put the camera on Program or Auto mode.
If you’re wondering, what printer, tripod, lights, cables, background you should get, we’ve been there, done that, and have a list of recommendations for you based on our experience running our own photo booths.