Running your own photo booth is pretty easy. We’ve put together everything you need for you to run your own photo booth. The first thing you’ll need is to gather a few items together, of course you can improvise as needed.
Things You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own diy photo booth.
- PhotoBooth Software: We got that covered, download now.
- DSLR Camera: Nikon, Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Pentax. See list of supported cameras.
- Cable to connect Camera to Laptop: Usually you’ll need a USB A to Mini-B 5-pin cable. Some other cameras require a micro-usb cable. Make sure it’s long enough to reach from your camera to your laptop.
- Lighting: Flash/Strobe, Monolight, Continuous Lighting. You can use your on camera flash but the results will not be flattering.
- Printer. Please do yourself a favor and don’t use an inkjet printer. The prints will smudge and the quality isn’t good enough.
- Tripod to make sure your pictures and clear and level.
- Background: We like the Westcott backgrounds, they’re huge and elegant. Our favorites are the onyx black and the red modern vintage.
- Background Stand to securely hold up your background. If you’re a photographer and already have light stands, we highly recommend the Manfrotto Adjustable Holder Crossbar
- Props. They make people go crazy. A good source is your local 99 cent stores, 5 below, Walmart, and party stores.