We are excited to let you know that after a long wait, we have finally added an integrated template editor into dslrBooth for Mac. You can now create your own templates without having to resort to any 3rd party software. You can start by one of the dozen templates we have preloaded in the software and customize it or optionally you can create your template from scratch. You can easily add images, backgrounds, overlays, rectangles, circles, and text all from within dslrBooth. This makes dslrBooth for Mac much more powerful for even the casual user. For our Mac users, look forward to many more enhancements over the next few months.
You can see a screenshot of the template editor below. To get this update, open dslrBooth, then click on Check for Update. You can also just download the latest version from http://dslrBooth.com/download/mac
Professional Edition for Windows
We’ve released our two top requested features in a professional edition for Windows 7 and Windows 8 of our software. These features are:
- Live View which allows people to see a video of themselves before the camera takes a picture. This is supported by most recent dslr cameras.
- Green Screen (Chroma Key) allowing the replacement of a green or blue background with a custom background. We’re using state of the art Green Screen technology and in our usual style have taken out all the complexity of doing green screen. The process is completely automated and effortless.
We’d love for you to try out these new features before you buy our professional edition. Both features can be tested in our Demo or Standard Windows editions with the only limitation of having a watermark on the video/images.
We have one more feature in the works for our professional edition such as adding customizable layouts and allowing custom paper sizes. This feature should be out within a couple of weeks.
We think you’ll love this new edition and we’re eager to hear your feedback.
Standard Edition for Windows
Our software that’s always been available and has the core features is now called the Standard Edition. We managed to throw in a few features in this release including:
- Layout/Overlay Wizard to streamline the way to choose your layout and brand with your overlay. This is now available with a realtime preview of how your prints will come out.
- Faster connection to Nikon cameras.
- Retry triggering camera up to four times when camera is unable to autofocus.
- Minor Redesign of Start Button and lower bar.
As always, this is a free update if you already purchased dslrBooth within the last year.
Also as of this release, if you’re on Windows XP, you’ll need to also have Windows Media Player 11 installed. This is a free update
from Microsoft and is needed to support our new features.
Updating From Older Versions
You’ll need to uninstall dslrBooth, download the latest version from our website and install it.
Professional Edition for Mac
At this time, we do not have a Professional Edition for the Mac but let us know you’re interested by filling this form and you’ll encourage us to build it.
As promised a few weeks ago, we’ve added 4 more layouts to our Mac software. Now both Windows and Mac versions have the same layouts for you to enjoy. In addition, based on popular request, we’ve added a brand new layout to both our Windows and Mac editions. Hope you enjoy them.
- Major improvements to image processing engine. You get even higher quality prints and much faster processing of images. Great for those running dslrBooth on a Netbook or very low end hardware.
To update, simply restart dslrBooth.
- Hide camera dropdown on full screen to clean up full screen display.
- Show warning when shooting in RAW as only JPG shooting is supported.
- Add sharing to facebook, twitter, flickr, email and others for those running on OS X 10.8.
To update, go to dslrBooth > Check for Updates.