Instagram has deprecated its API platform and replaced it with a new Instagram API that runs on Facebook. We have received Facebook’s approval to use this new API and have made the required changes to support this new API in this latest update. As of December 11th, all previous versions of HashPrinter will no longer retrieve photos from Instagram. To continue using Instagram, please update to the latest version and follow these instructions.
Unlock Full Screen with Pin Code
You can now require a PIN code to be entered to exit full screen mode. This is useful to stop guests from exiting the application.
You can set the PIN Code under Settings in the bottom right of the main screen. To enter full screen mode, click on the Lock icon in the bottom right. To exit full screen mode, click on the unlock icon in the bottom right. If a PIN Code is set, full screen cannot be exited until the PIN Code is correctly entered.
You now have the option of enabling a virtual pop-up keyboard to use when there’s no physical keyboard available such as when using tablets and kiosks. You can turn on the virtual keyboard under Settings in the bottom right and choose a language for the keyboard.
Record up to 60 second videos using your Nikon and Canon cameras as well as webcams. Upload a Pre-roll and Post-roll video as well as overlay which automatically get added to your guests’ video. Settings > Video.
Additional Photos Per Template
Include up to 12 photos per template instead of 4. Template Editor > Photo From Booth.
Uploads to fotoShare Cloud (Uploads) are now included in the Sharing Status under Settings > General.
Prints Per Session
Remove restriction of maximum of 10 prints per session. Settings > Printing.
Remove Facebook Page Description
The ability to set a description for Facebook Page sharing has been removed due to changes in Facebook’s privacy policies. However, you can continue to share to a Facebook Business Page as before.
Mojave Dark Theme is not yet supported.
- MAC OS Firewall now allows photos to download to fotoShare app automatically.
- Fix for Green Screen not being replaced when using certain Nikon cameras.
- Improve compatibility with OS X 10.14.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Secondary Printer Support
With dslrBooth for Windows you can set dslrBooth with two different printers or two different sets of printer settings. This can be useful for the following cases:
1. Two Different Paper Sizes:
- Allow guests to choose from 2×6 or 4×6 prints and have printer only cut 2×6 prints.
- Allow guests to choose from 4×6 or 6×8 prints (or any other sizes) and have dslrBooth print each specific paper size to a different printer.
Get more information about this feature on our support site.
2.Alternatively, you can setup two printers for use in large events where dslrBooth will alternate printing across the the main and secondary printers for faster prints.
Watermark Captured Photos
You can now place your own watermark, logo or overlay on the photos captured during a session. The overlay gets added above the entire captured photo.
Vertical Select An Effect Options
Select an effect options and buttons are now raised higher on the screen for vertical booths.
Upload Videos Fotoshare Cloud
Recorded videos are now uploaded to fotoshare.co instead of Youtube allowing for easier sharing.
Remove Facebook Page Description
Due to changes in Facebook’s privacy policies, the description for Facebook page uploads has been removed.
- Store max number of prints made per event so print count does not reset if software restarts.
- Hide print button after max number of event prints are made.
- Improve performance on lower-end computers.
- Fix for SMS sending with current SMS message in settings rather than the message that was set at the time of sharing.
- Decrease processing time for boomerang sessions that use green screen.
LumaBooth Assistant for Mac
Print to the LumaBooth Assistant on Mac from LumaBooth using WiFi, ethernet adapter, or lightning cable. Download LumaBooth Assistant for Mac.
Videos and fotoShare app
Videos recorded with LumaBooth will now appear on the fotoShare app.
Number of Photos for GIF
Choose the number of photos per GIF when using a GIF only session. No longer determined by the number of photos in the print layout. Settings > GIF.
Capture Screen Text Color
Choose a custom color for icons and text on the capture screen.
Rotate text in the print layout by using the angle option at the bottom of the screen.
- Fix for videos sometimes not saving to photo roll when using virtual attendant.
- Fix for emails not sending to @x.realtor and other new domain extensions.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Download and Display Video
Download, display and share video. Requires latest versions of dslrBooth.
(Will be available for LumaBooth in next update)
Time Limit for Displayed Photos
Option to limit the displayed photos/gifs/prints to be within the last specific number of hours (Settings, General, Limit to Last x Hours).
Remove Facebook sharing as Facebook no longer allows posting to guest’s wall from 3rd party apps.
- Fix for sharing option not auto-opening after disclaimer is accepted.
- Fix for some rare SMS sharing issues when there is no internet connection available.
Create an interactive booth experience using the new Virtual Attendant which adds the option to play pre-loaded and custom videos/audio at different points of the guest’s session.
Guests can now also record video. You have the option to customize the final video by adding a pre-roll, post-roll, and overlay which are automatically added to the guests’ video.
Remove Facebook Upload to Profile Page
The ability to share to a Facebook Wall has been removed due to changes in Facebook’s privacy policies.
- Fix for GIF overlay stretching.
- Fix for exported dslrBooth templates showing white when imported into LumaBooth.
- Fix for survey answers and questions erasing when number of questions was greater than five.
Number of GIF Photos
Allow up to 20 photos per GIF when running a GIF only session. Settings > GIF.
- Major performance improvements with lower CPU Usage.
- Optimizations for OS X 10.13 and 10.14.
- Allow unlimited prints when max print is set to 0.
- Reduce excessive file size and dimensions of final print with retina macs.
- Fix for retake feature.
- Fix for stroke colors not working.
- Fix for mp3 audio files not working in virtual attendant if they had spaces.
- Hide print button when GIF is displayed on sharing screen.
- Fix for session hanging with Print + GIF and 1 photo template.
- Remove Facebook on sharing screen as Facebook no longer allows other apps to post to guest’s wall.
- Fix for rare issue with invalid data directory path causing sessions to hang.
- Other minor bug fixes.
- Fix for Nikon camera photos getting resized in Originals folder.
This is a FREE update if you have purchased dslrBooth within the last year or have purchased a renewal license. To update your software, open dslrBooth, then go to the top menu, dslrBooth, Check for Updates.
Let your guests add digital props to their individual photos. Use the built-in props in dslrBooth or upload your own props. Settings > Effects > Digital Props.
Save Settings Per Event
You can now pre-configure each of your events in dslrBooth with different settings. This will make it easy to run multiple events on a busy weekend or to have different presets for your booths that you can switch to quickly. You can do this from the Event dropdown in the main menu. When creating a new event, you can copy its settings from an existing event as well.
Re-sort Template Dropdown
Sort template dropdown by date modified or alphabetically.
Hide Retake/Cancel Button
You have the option to hide the retake/cancel button. This is useful if you accept payment for your booths using a coin or credit card acceptor or if you simply don’t want guests to have the option to retake photos. Settings > Display > Capture Screen.
Sending SMS to Other Countries
You can now send SMS messages to countries different than your Twilio From number. This is useful if you want to send from a different country than where your guests are located and is useful for countries that don’t have SMS sending numbers yet. Add the country code for your country in Settings > Sharing > SMS. The Country Code will get prepended to your guests number in the background so they don’t have to enter it in.
Mirror Booth Display Improvements
The Start Screen icons and Done button will automatically be raised to the upper third of the screen when using vertical screens such as those used for mirror booths. Also, when using multiple templates with a vertical screen, the capture button is moved to the right side.
Remove Facebook Upload to Profile Page
The ability to automatically upload to a Facebook Profile Page has been removed due to changes in Facebook’s privacy policies. However, you can continue to share to a Facebook Page as before.
FotoShare Cloud Updates
- Allow guests to download an entire album at once
- Upload other photos to your fotoShare albums. Useful for uploading individual photos. Requires a paid plan.
- New option to delete shares.
- Option to delete an entire album.
- Fix for start screen animation not playing when only one booth mode option is selected.
- Fix for generating GIFs 32 bit systems.
- Delete RAW images when user rejects disclaimer.
- Fix for Crop Live View not showing in display settings.
- Fix for single photos not appearing on sharing screen if filename already existed.
- Fix browse button does not appearing on start screen for GIF only sessions.
- Hide signature feature for GIF only sessions.
- Fix rare template processing issue.
- Remove sharing to Facebook by Guests on the Sharing Screen as Facebook no longer allows apps such as dslrBooth from posting photos.
- Remove sharing to VK.com.
- Guard against corrupt settings file causing application not to start.
- Fix for some compression settings not working for Nikon D7100, D7500.
- Fix for template editor failing to delete templates.
- Fix for last opened event sometimes not opening after app is restarted.
- Fix for settings getting corrupted on some machines when computer is shut-down unexpectedly.
- Fix for settings not getting saved for new installs and updates from much older versions.
- Fix for registration issues with some new installs.
This is a FREE update if you have purchased dslrBooth within the last year or have purchased a renewal license. To update your software, open dslrBooth, then go to Help, Check for Updates.
The newest Windows 10 Creator’s Update 1803 is currently causing issues with if you use dslrBooth software with two monitors. Windows will open the main window on one monitor and the settings/template editor/green screen settings on another monitor.
If you use multiple monitors, please do not update to Windows 10 Creator’s Update 1803 as of yet. We are working on a workaround to this Windows bug as well as waiting on Windows’ additional updates that are likely to address this.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), comes into effect in the EU on May 25. This new legislation is all about giving you greater security, transparency, and control of your personal data online—a principle we are fully on board with.
Additionally, we’ve made the following changes to assist our European customers (also available to all other customers) to comply with GDPR standards:
- Effective today, all our sites and services are only accessible over HTTPS to ensure that any information you transmit to and from our services or while on our website is encrypted and secure.
- You can now download an entire album as well as reports of sharing activity from fotoShare Cloud (right to access). To enable download of an entire album, login to fotoshare Cloud, then go to Event > Settings > Enable Download Album. Album must be public. You’ll see a download icon on the album’s public page. Download album is disabled for private albums.
- You can delete an entire album and all its shares from fotoShare Cloud (aka your right to be forgotten). Event > Select All > Trash Can. For shares: Event > Shares > Delete All.
- For every new product and enhancement, we’re proactively applying the Privacy by Design principles.
- We’re applying GDPR standards to all data not just EU personal data. That way, you will be well positioned with data protection regulatory frameworks around the world.
Depending on the specifics of your business, there are various other GDPR obligations that may apply. The above information is dslrBooth’s interpretation of GDPR and its requirements as of the date of publication. Please note that not all interpretations or requirements of the GDPR are well-settled and its application is fact and context specific. This information should not be relied upon as legal advice or to determine how GDPR applies to your business or organization. We encourage you to seek guidance of a qualified professional with regard to how the GDPR applies specifically to your business or organization and how to ensure compliance. This information is provided “as-is” and may be updated or changed without notice.
Other Newly Added Features to fotoShare Cloud
- In addition to automatic uploads from photo booth apps, upload other images to your event albums such as original or custom edited photos. (Available for Plus and Business plans)
- Exporting shares no longer requires the use of Flash.