This release was entirely based on our most requested customer requests. As always, we would love to hear from you on how we can grow and improve dslrbooth.
Mirror Booth Features:
- Added Virtual Attendant feature to allow for adding animations at the start screen, before capture, after capture, during processing, after processing, and at end of session. mp4 video files and/or mp3 files can be played. For before capture and after capture, multiple files can be played and one will play at random until all files are played.
- Added 10 High Definition video animations with white background. Additional animations can be purchased from our online store.
- Added signature option to allow guests to sign on a touch screen or with a mouse. Signature is then added to the template at any location and size. To enable this feature, go to Template Editor, Add User Data, Options Panel, Change Date to Signature.
New GIF Features
- Up-to 12 unique photos can be added to a template instead of 4.
- GIF have a boomerang option where they can play forward then reverse and repeat (Settings, GIF).
- GIFs can be saved to a larger size for a higher quality version.
- GIFs can be saved and shared to instagram from e-mail.
We have overhauled template editor UI and added new functionality:
- Redesigned user interface for improved usability and design.
- Multi-select elements using SHIFT + mouse select or in Layers sub-panel.
- Move, align, distribute, and duplicate multiple elements.
- Add additional shapes to template.
- Improved way of selecting template size, background and element colors.
- Font preview in font dropdown.
Other Features and Fixes
- Faster start-up and capture with webcams.
- Support for Nikon D3400.
- Fix sharing issues with Facebook.
- Fix sharing with VK.com.
- Improve e-mail sending through firewalls.
- Improvements for Canon liveview and capture.
- More informative message for firewall issues.
- Support printing from upcoming version of fotoShare.
Minor update to fix memory issue when using multiple templates on the start screen.
New features in this release:
- Added optional disclaimer that guests must agree to (Settings, General, Disclaimer. Button text can be changed under Settings, Display, Text).
- Added setting to adjust print margins and scale (Settings, Printing).
- Added British and German prompts with male and female voices (Settings, Sounds).
- Added Setting to select webcam quality and frame-rate (Camera, Webcam Resolution).
- Add video thumbnails to browse view.
- UI improvements to sharing screen.
- Disable print button for 3 seconds to avoid accidental multiple clicks.
- Modify attachments so they cannot be incorrectly cached by mobile email clients.
- Fix for detection of Nikon D3000 and D3100.
- Fix selection of live view key color.
- Move facebook approval window lower on screen so guest can see the print before approving.
- Make facebook guest login window taller to accommodate cookie notice.
- Add lock/unlock and browse buttons to video start screen.
- Lower CPU Usage for Sony cameras.
- Fix for Sony cameras not getting detected with multiple network cards.
- Properly relate shares to online image at fotoshare.co admin.
- Improve quality of test photo on green screen settings screen.
- Better handling of Canon busy errors. Also added option to delay triggering camera at the end of live view to avoid Canon busy error (Settings, Camera, Canon Delay Capture).
To update, go to Help, Check for updates or download the latest from http://dslrbooth.com/download.
New features in this release:
- The large majority of webcams are now supported. This allows you to use the built-in or an external webcam as a primary or backup camera giving you more flexibility when running your photo booth events. This option is enabled for everyone but can be disabled under Settings > Options > Enable Webcams.
- Updates to handle changes introduced with Windows 10 Anniversary edition relating to full screen mode, swiping from edge of screen and displaying the Windows virtual keyboard. We recommend not running dslrBooth in Tablet Mode but it’ll work in Tablet Mode as well.
- On higher-end computers, Live view frame-rate has been optimized to be to twice as fast.
- Remove restriction that turned off live view after 5 minutes and restart live view if it’s turned off by the camera.
- At end of countdown, White screen or Say Cheese image now shows a bit earlier than before to give time for guests to react.
- Fix GIF generation in some rare cases where it was not generated.
- App size is now 5MB less!
To update, connect to the internet, start dslrBooth, click on Help, Check For Updates.
This is an update addressing performance issues faced by users who use dslrBooth with no internet connection. After 1.5 – 3 hours, application would lag with v5.4 release. This issue has been addressed with this update.
Update also fixes issue where dslrBooth was not properly shut down on some Windows 10 machines and in that case, it would not be able to restart cleanly.
Please install the update by going to Help, Check For Updates or download directly from http://dslrbooth.com/download
If you had issues these last few days, we strongly encourage you to connect your camera and run dslrBooth through 30 sessions with no internet connection. You should have no issues after installing the update.
If you do have any additional concerns, please contact our support team at http://support.dslrbooth.com. If you need technical support, we can help you faster if you go to Help, Send Debug Log, and let us know the Case ID when you contact our support team.
We apologize for anyone who has had issues with dslrBooth over the last several days and we thank you for your patience.
Updates included in this release:
- Allow sorting of green screen backgrounds by dragging and dropping from Green Screen window.
- App will now remember the last used green screen and default to it for a new session.
- Add button to print a test copy from the template editor.
- Add additional placeholder fields to be used in HTML E-mail Templates. Image Page URL (fotoshare_url) and (attached_image_url). Removed character limit on email template. These changes should allow for much more flexibility when designing email templates.
- Properly handle margins when printing with printers that can choose between borderless and bordered prints.
- Better layout of sharing buttons on smaller screens.
- Enlarge hotspot for entering/exiting full screen for smaller screens.
- Add Keyboard shortcuts for choosing a template on the start screen (Right/Left/Space or Enter).
- Disable Virtual Keyboard on Settings window.
- Gallery of previous prints now displays photos sorted from newest to oldest.
- Display loading graphic while sharing to guest’s facebook wall.
- Fix space bar not working after printing.
- Disable setting of data directory to network share.
- Bug fix for issues with older Canon cameras that did not support liveview.
- Template Editor bug fixes.
dslrBooth now supports the majority of Sony cameras over wifi. Review our support site for a full list of supported camera as well as instructions on howto use with dslrBooth.
Other updates with this release:
- Bug fix for displaying the browse previous prints button when using multiple templates.
- Prevent displaying of windows 10 charms bar and other windows features when user swipes from edge of screen.